1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG 8.5 shows no active component

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by peter20166, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter20166

peter20166 Thread Starter

Dear Experts,

I have recently plug in a thumbdrive from another pc and it cause my pc to show no active component on my AVG 8.5 Antivirus,so I delete the AVG and install avast antivirus.I tried to go safemode and select safemode but when windows restart it alpogise that it cannot go into safemode but only the normal windows.
    I tried to go system restore but is diable(disabled group policy)
    Avast detected :windows\ctDrvMk.exe,Windows\system32\ctDrvMki.exe Threat Rootkit Hidden Process,so I delete and restart and rescan and is ok.
    Now I went online to find that I cannot assess any antivirus website at all it will show Internet explorer cannot display webpage,I tried Chroome but still the same.
    Then day I scan again and this time shows a new threat:C:\system volume Information\_restore(E9A3EE0D-1808-422D-8A65-3584F57F5279)RP441\A0055321.exe ,status:Threat Win32:Flot-D(Trj).
    I have install Malwarebytes to scan but nothing is detected.

Please Can someone help me,

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice