Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

avg antivirus paid version - do you like it?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Amien 
#1 ·
I have been using the free version of this software for a while and am generally happy with it. i have used zonealarm, mcafee and norton in the past and to my liking this one serves me well. questions:
is the paid version that much better? i am annoyed that i can not schedule scans and updates and paid version provides that. also, i will need a 3 computer licence and i really need to put security on my home network. would the paid version provide for that?
when i had zone alarm i could not put the protection on the network because then the other computers could not get to the network. i also could not deal with zonealarm. it was way over my head.
your input is greatly appreciated. thank you

#2 ·
Yes, the paid version is better and it doesn't cost that much. They have a special at the moment. Its exactly what you need, 3 computer licence and for a period of 2 years. I also had the free version but it does not really protect you. The full version has the features - anti virus, spyware, spam, firewall, rootkit, mail scanner, link scanner, web shield, resident shield, ... Set up is very easy and managable. Just with some time of checking out what each feature does for you, you can set it up and leave it. Sometimes it is a bit annoying with its warnings but that too can be controlled.
I am very satisfied with the product. It only lags the system when it comes to a full system scan, but this is scheduled for once a week when I'm not busy with important work, like Saturday afternoon.
Verrrrrry Goooood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.