1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG antivirus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jim Wulf, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Wulf

Jim Wulf Thread Starter

I've been using AVG free edition for a couple of years and it's been good but a problem is happening right now with my client PC. My host PC doesn't have any problems when AVG is doing updates. In my client, when it goes into updates it shows 2503.9KB on the left side of the box ,that were previously downloaded. Now it's showing 1547.4KB presently downloading but it's taking forever. My host pc hasn't had this problem. When AVG does the update on it it shows the file installing and when it's done it shows nothing on the left side that still needs to be downloaded, like the host pc is showing that right now, (2503.9KB). Unfortunatly AVG doesn't give tech support with the free edition so I'm trying to figure this out myself.
    Thanks for any help, Jim

2. Murdoc2k

Murdoc2k

have u tried restarting your host computer.... or restart AVG itself and retry updating??

if these solution didn't work...

try reinstalling the whole software again...hope this helped :confused:

3. Die Hard

Die Hard

Jim Wulf hi :)

Did this happen one time or several times?

AVG has upgraded the program recently (AVG6), so that it´ll only take a second or so to download new upgrades of the virusbase. In order to do so,a patch has to be installed and that one "takes forever" when downloaded. But this is a one time occation.
    Maybe this is what happens to you :confused:

Die Hard :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!