1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG error message

Discussion in 'General Security' started by barbaranna, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

Hi, I downloaded the free AVG virus program, the 8.0 and it has been working fine. This evening though I got a message from the update manager component that says general error, not enough free memory, general error, and I don't know what that means or how to fix it. I am not that experienced so if you try please do so in simple terms. Thanks.The iconon the toolbar has a red exclamation point on it !

Barb

2. mfletch

mfletch

It looks like AVG has not updated properly do to low memory,

Try doing a manual update.

To update AVG 8.0 Free Edition, please open AVG User Interface and click the button "Update now".

Does it update OK

3. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

No, I couldn't do it manually, but now it seems to be ok thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice