1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG found threats

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by puterjunkie4ever, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

I use AVG 2012 and the software detected threats. It has to do with tracking cookies. I ran malwarebytes. That's as far as I gotten. Can anyone help me get rid of these threats. They are also in Documents and Settings. I use windows xp professional. 2.0GB

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Get rid of AVG 2012 and then replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials 2.1.1116.0.

Also install SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0.0.1144 so it can work with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000(which you apparently already have installed) in keeping the "nasties" out of your computer.

MSE will run in the background and do its own thing.

Run a quick scan with SAS and MBAM once a week after you first update their definition files, then select and remove everything they find.

---------------------------------------------------------

3. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks flavalee.....

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :) (y)

-------------------------------------------------------

After you uninstall AVG 2012, download and save and then run AVG Remover(32bit) 2012 so it can find and remove the leftover "debris" from AVG.

-------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice