AVG found Virus but how do you remove it? Need help....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dano2

Hello,
I have AVG 7.1.371. My computer started freezing and slowing up this morning so I scanned it with AVG and it found an infected virus Trojan I believe. It then said after it finished virus found and 0 files healed. I dont' undertand this newer AVG version, there seems to be no button to select to fix the virus, what do you do? I ran it twice and it still found the virus but how do you get rid of it and heal? thanks...
I have attached the screenshot of the viruses it has found...any help would be great...Dano2

Attachments

Did not see what I expected to see in the log - it looks good

Add this to your tools

MS AntiSpy - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en (XP and W2K only)

Do this

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)
· Install ewido.
· During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
· Launch ewido
· It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
· On the left side of the main screen click update
· Click on Start and let it update.
· DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.

Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
(Start tapping F8 at the first black screen after power up)

Run Ewido:
· Click on scanner
· Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
· During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
· When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
· Save the report to your C: Drive
This will take some time to run!
Boot to normal mode
Post that log and a new HiJack log

Dano2

I did the system restore, reboot. I then ran AVG, it still picks up 2 viruses it says, I have attached a screen shot, one it says it cannot heal.
What I notice the most is when I reboot, seems there are lots of programs running in the background that slow things down in startup like AIM.

Attachments

Pocket KillBox DL http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. In the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste the following:

C:\ied_s7.cab

Now put a tick by Delete on reboot.
Click on the button with the red circle with the X. It will ask for confirmation. Click yes twice - Click No at the Pending Operations prompt.
================
Google the EXE's in the O4 entries and redescription on those files, sites like liutilities- castleCop-or Bleeping will tell you if needed

Disable them in START RUN MSCONFIG - startup tab so that you can get them back if needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online