1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG Free 8 Problem HELP!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by djragon, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djragon

djragon Thread Starter

I did a fresh/new install of AVG 8 Free yesterday and it is giving me all sorts of problems with the internet. I can not get to certain key sites, google, gmail, yahoo etc..and it also won;t let me search via my google toolbar in Firefox 3. I uninstalled and all the problems remain. PLEASE HELP!

2. Avtar

Avtar

Is the AVG firewall blocking certain key ports or your browser?

3. djragon

djragon Thread Starter

well I uninstalled AVG at this point so it crash something and I don't know where to go to fix it. browser opens and I can go to certain sites(mostly from bookmarks) but not others, very strange. I even have the stumble toolbar and go to sites with it but the google toolbar no longer works.not sure how to proceed

4. mfletch

mfletch

Hi,

Try doing a system restore to a point before you uninstalled AVG

mfletch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice