1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG free version

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CyPHeR2005uk, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CyPHeR2005uk

CyPHeR2005uk Thread Starter

I have AVG free version and it used to work fine,now it won't update,i click the update section,and it will open,but it just hangs there,then after about 2 minutes it gives me an error about my internet connection.Any idea why this is.

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

what version are you using? AVG6 is no longer supported. you would have to upgrade to AVG7 (also free).

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Grisoft state that there is a problem with their servers getting overloaded, however, yhey ARE working on fixing an update problem. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I download the update manually from http://www.grisoft.com if it a problem.

4. CyPHeR2005uk

I am using the latest version AVD7 free,i have noticed that sometimes it hangs for ages and sometimes(like 5 minutes ago when i tried)it works perfect,thanx for the reply's.

5. beefy

beefy

6. CyPHeR2005uk

ok beefy i will take a peek,see what i can find.thanx

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

It is fixed now

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice