1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG FREE vs PANDA platinum 2007

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by guitar21, Dec 19, 2006.

?

avg or pada

Poll closed Dec 26, 2006.
  1. avg

100.0%
  2. panda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i dont like panda or avg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

I just channged from avg free to panda
    panda is slower 2 boot but les cpu % in full scan

can you make avg free use les cpu % in full scan ?
    or speed up boot with panda
    you cant install both when installing panda it will not install if you dont uninstall avg and spygate i got away with turning of spygate and trying again but not avg
    so far unless i find a good reson im going back to avg

what do you pefer and why (avg or panda)

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

If you are paying for panda than I would stick with it. :)

3. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

i havent payed for panda yet i think at this stage i would pefer to pay avg i used them for 1 year and no probs but i dont know how good they are i read a reveiw and panda was beter rated then avg but i think panda would be beter for my mum set it forget it....
    what i need to know is
    witch one is safer protects against more viruses beter updates
    i must say i like ave controle panel it does not do things by it self i think its more manul then panda + panda asks to uninstall sygate i think its got its own firewall BUT i cant acsess setings for it when any prog that i have not told sygate trys to use my internet sygate tels me i like thiss

just tyrying to get the best for my money i think im a bit paranoid after the weekend i went to mates place and they asked me to fix pc i turned it on and . . . . well it was full of hundreds of viruses and still trying to install newones ie s home page was c/securety/onlinescan and page just kept refreshing i tryede to reset it no good as i searched trough the pc i saw all the familiar names i see when spybot searches..
    search freat lookatme virusburst ect at least 10 - 20 that i know are viruses

well thats what she gets for clicking on free online virus scan
    ill try spybot first to stop ie from canging home page then avg &

if avg doesnt get it all ill try panda and let you guys know if panda gets ones avg did not

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

They are both fine. If you are paying for one of them then stick with it. If you don't want to pay then stick with AVG. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527848