1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG & Mozilla Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gibby26, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gibby26

gibby26 Thread Starter

Last week I posted about not getting confirmation on e-mails that they are certified virus-free when using AVG. Deke was good enough to reply, and he suggested being sure the boxes are checked in the AVG setup to check ingoing and outgoing emails. I have checked those boxes and still no confirmation. And in the setup box it even says Outlook e-mails are scanned. When you change the default to another program, like Thunderbird, wouldn't AVG recognize that and note it accordingly?

I have previously used Outlook for my e-mail. On those e-mails there is always a note at the bottom stating they are certified virus-free by AVG.

I like using Thunderbird but would sure like to be sure e-mail are scanned by AVG, which I also like. I tried to register at Mozilla's forum site, but it wouldn't take my registration.

Any ideas on this one? Maybe e-mails are scanned, but it would be nice to know that.

gibby26

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

No, AVG only "certifies" email with "this email has been certified....." in outlook and....I think eudora.

3. gibby26

gibby26 Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I assume AVG, in fact, does scan all e-mails - they just don't make a note of it in the body of the message. Right? I figure as long as I have all the e-mail boxes checked in the AVG Control Center I'm covered.

Thanks again -

gibby26

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice