1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG removal

Discussion in 'General Security' started by imyeman2000, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. imyeman2000

imyeman2000 Thread Starter

How can I remove AVG security from my netbook? It keeps saying error and wont let me remove it. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :(

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How are you trying to remove it?

3. imyeman2000

hi there i went to control panel /add and remove progs , then scrolled down onto avg free clicked on the remove tag at the right side but it wont remove! i have mcaFEE TO PUT ON BUT IT SAYS THERES A PROG THAT COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS SO REMOVE IT !!

4. imyeman2000

ive also tried the start then all progs and went on the avg there and it has a remove prog on there and still comes up error

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

McAfee should not be installed until all other antivirus are removed so there is only one at a time on the machine.

Try uninstalling AVG in Safe Mode.

After attempting the Safe Mode uninstallation, download and run the correct AVG Remover whether the uninstallation succeeds or not. But try it first to attempt to remove as much as possible the normal way.

6. imyeman2000

how do you mean "in safe mode" does that mean turn the computer off then back on and then try to uninstall the avg ! im not the brightest when it comes to computers !

7. imyeman2000

tried in safe mode and it comes up the same! it says setup @finaldig_instfailtitle press the details to show the error details . when click on details it says " installer initialization failed due to the following error: error: initialization of the language file"c:\program files\avg\avg9"failed. initialization of languages failed or files count is zero.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Did you try the remover?

Did you use a registry cleaner or "junk" file cleanup utility that may have removed important files or entries? If you have, try restoring whatever was removed by those tools, or try System Restore to an earlier date.

It may be best to remove McAfee, too, and then reinstall it when you have AVG gone.

9. Tech-man

Tech-man

Just use thier removal tool based on your operating system. It it is 32 bit then download 32 bit version.if it is 64 bit then download 64 bit version and run it would remove avg completely.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice