1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG scanning

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jeankath, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeankath

jeankath Thread Starter

Hi I am just needing a bit of help on this matter. I have AVG to run my scanning but I am wanting to know if it has to scan all of my files on my pc or just the ones that are downloaded through IE and temp internet files. Does this make sense to anyone? When my pc does the scanning it takes like 3 hours to complete because I have many files on here. I'm not advanced enough in PC lingo to understand it all but I am assuming the only things that can get "infected" are either the ones downloaded or loaded on pc from another source like zip drives, etc. Any help or links to check much appreciated. Thank you. :confused: :eek:

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Any file can be infected - you need to scan it all

do this before scanning

DownLoad EasyCleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

Use the clear files and Unnecessary files buttons – I do not recommend
    using the Duplicates files button
    as many dupes are there on purpose.

Not all files will delete – that is normal.

In the unnecessary button I check the top 4 entries

Empty the trash and then scan

3. dondersjoris

dondersjoris

AVG (free) is limited is user-interface; the best way is to buy either e.g. NOD32 (where u can select the scanning areas etc) or uprade the AVG to a (payed) pro version...

Have fun !

4. jeankath

jeankath Thread Starter

thanks for the help it is appreciated. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice