1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG update, error message can't install

Discussion in 'General Security' started by missgee, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missgee

missgee Thread Starter

I kept getting messages my AVG Free was not active. I have tried uninstall, remove program, and avgremover. I got 3 error messages the last time I attempted to install. Invalid diff file, need to perform full update , failure to download files Severity:error
    Error message General internal error, reloading of AVG data bases failed Context MSI action failed. Error codes are 0xE0018D05, 0xC0070643 and 0xE0018F04

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I would think that your copy of AVG is corrupted. Go download a fresh copy.

3. missgee

missgee Thread Starter

I tried to download a new copy, it would not install again. I read other posts, thought I would try the Microsoft Security Essentials. It installed fine, but both times it tried to scan it stops and I get an error message. "The instruction at 0x5c829af9 referenced memory at 0x00004027. The memory could not be read" I also get an error when I try windows secuity update. It is not able to install security update for XP (KB2509553). Maybe I have another problem with my computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008848