1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

avg wont go away

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GLYNNROY, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLYNNROY

GLYNNROY Thread Starter

I have recently uninstalled avg from my computer and placed a well known antivirus and firewall in its place, but since today, apparently the virus downloads are now longer available unless you pay for the software, it keeps coming up pop up with a reminder on start up to pay for the dam thing even though there is no trace of avg on my computer.

Is there anyway to delete this pop up, I guess it would be from the registry key, if any one can give me step by step guidelines to delete this problem I would be grateful. (y)

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Type 'regedit' into RUN. Make backup of registry by exporting and chosing all files. If anything goes wrong you can doubleclick and registry will revert back.

Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Grisoft, and delete folder.

3. golferbob

golferbob

i have had good luck by just going to start- search- files & folders and type in "avg" and delete all folders found. why do you want to delete avg ? it does a great job and is free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice