AVG won't let me update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

willpay9

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to AVG 8 and the first few updates were fine but now I have the grey box with red exclamation mark in my toolbar and every time I click to update it just comes up saying 'checking for updates' and thats it!!

Any suggestions as to why this might be? I read somewhere that if your date and time on your PC are wrong it can cause problems but they are correct.

I have also tried uninstalling AVG and then reinstalling but it still has the same problem.

I also tried upgrading to Service Pack 3 as I thought it might be required to be able to download the latest updates but again no joy.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Will

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Maybe your firewall is blocking the AVG update? If the AVG program itself was updated after you initially installed it, the firewall might need to be reconfigured to allow the updated version of AVG to connect to the Internet.

Peace...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online