1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVG won't update!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Aderon, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aderon

Aderon Account Closed Thread Starter

I recently downloaded and installed AVG anti virus. I tried updating it by using the internet but, about 5 out of 6 times it says it canteach time I try it says "Internet connection has failed. Please check your Internet connection settings." Other times it'll work fine and either update me or tell me that I have the latest version. Can anyone explain it's unreliability? Is there something I should fix or change?

Note: When it says it can't find internet connection I know my connection is working because I'd been surfing the internet and playing online games 2 minutes previous.

2. golddust

golddust

Just had same problem today - it's usually reliable.

3. Arky

Arky

4. Aderon

Aderon Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick response! :)

5. golddust

golddust

Just found out the update download portion of the Grisoft site is down for maintenance. Check out their website.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice