Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvgCore.vxd

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  buckaroo 
#1 ·
Hi I recently uninstalled the free download of AVG from Grisoft. I am now getting the following messages when I boot up my computer: missing file C:/program~1/grisoft/avg/avgcore.vxd
C:/program~1/grisoft/avg/avgcore.vxd

This is becomming a pain because my computer will not boot any further until I press a key. Can anyone out there advise me on what I can do to get rid of this problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA Anias

#2 ·
Hi anais4uk, Welcome to TSG.

Have you tried uninstalling AVG and then re-installing? Maybe the download was corrupted.

#3 ·
It sounds like when AVG uninstalled, it left behind an entry in your Registry. At start, Windows is trying to load avgcore.vxd as a result. Removing the entry will remove the error.

Go to start>run and type regedit. Press enter.
Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\AvgCore

Right Click on the AvgCore key in the left pane and choose delete from the menu.

#4 ·
Thank you for the welcome and the help I received. I only wish I had found this forum earlier as I have spent endless hours trying to sort the problem out myself. I always first try to resolve my problems by searching forums hoping to come across the same problem that has been resolved for someone else, so as not to waste anyones time. This is how I came across your forum.

Mosaic1 your instructions where spot on and in no time at all my computer was booting up without any problems.

Thank you once again
Anais:)

#6 ·
Hi I recently uninstalled the free download of AVG from Grisoft.
That does it. I'm always telling my kids to slow down to understand what they're reading and then I turn around and mis-read your post. Duh. :eek: Obviously I read that you installed AVG. Sorry about that. Glad Mo stopped by and got this resolved for you. I'll remember this post as I have AVG too, but haven't had to uninstall it, yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.