1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AvgCore.vxd

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by anais4uk, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anais4uk

anais4uk Thread Starter

Hi I recently uninstalled the free download of AVG from Grisoft. I am now getting the following messages when I boot up my computer: missing file C:/program~1/grisoft/avg/avgcore.vxd
    C:/program~1/grisoft/avg/avgcore.vxd

This is becomming a pain because my computer will not boot any further until I press a key. Can anyone out there advise me on what I can do to get rid of this problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA Anias

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

Hi anais4uk, Welcome to TSG.

Have you tried uninstalling AVG and then re-installing? Maybe the download was corrupted.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

It sounds like when AVG uninstalled, it left behind an entry in your Registry. At start, Windows is trying to load avgcore.vxd as a result. Removing the entry will remove the error.

Go to start>run and type regedit. Press enter.
    Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\AvgCore

Right Click on the AvgCore key in the left pane and choose delete from the menu.

4. anais4uk

anais4uk Thread Starter

Thank you for the welcome and the help I received. I only wish I had found this forum earlier as I have spent endless hours trying to sort the problem out myself. I always first try to resolve my problems by searching forums hoping to come across the same problem that has been resolved for someone else, so as not to waste anyones time. This is how I came across your forum.

Mosaic1 your instructions where spot on and in no time at all my computer was booting up without any problems.

Thank you once again
    Anais:)

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Anais,

You're welcome. I'm glad you got that resolved. Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Mo

6. buckaroo

buckaroo

That does it. I'm always telling my kids to slow down to understand what they're reading and then I turn around and mis-read your post. Duh. :eek: Obviously I read that you installed AVG. Sorry about that. Glad Mo stopped by and got this resolved for you. I'll remember this post as I have AVG too, but haven't had to uninstall it, yet. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice