1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avi burn to dvd

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Coker76, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coker76

Coker76 Thread Starter

Im trying to remove stuff that I dont know so may have removed something that was placed by a proffesional tech. I am disabled so can not get paid support like before since all my fund go to house. Im really thankful I have a roof over my head and Im glad I didnt die back in 05'. Still tryin but docs say looks like full recovery but may be rest of life. Not employable but enuff bout me. I use to use nero express to make a data dvd with avi files. It worked before and I was able to put a whole lot more on a dvd using express. Well now it just shows the File Type: file on dvd. It does not show on my divx compatible dvd player anymore and I can not be wasting all these dvds. My wife gettin mad so please help. Thank you

2. moper

moper

Do you mean the DVD player connected to your TV.
    What make and model?

After burning, browse the disk in 'My Computer', 'Windows Explorer'.
    Do you see the AVI files, same size as the originals?
    Double click an AVI file.
    Does it play on your computer?

Many new DVD players will play DivX encoded AVI files. But AVI files can use many different codes.
    Are you sure this one is Divx?
    Where did the AVI files come from?

moper

3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Gspot the video, and see what the codec is.
    Odds are, it's not a Divx/Xvid file that's within the specs of the player.

4. Coker76

Coker76 Thread Starter

Was busy with holidays but I have used DvDFab to convert NTSC to Avi. I use to use Nero Express and burning Rom to put on a dvd disc. Size of file remained the same which was created with DvDFab. It used to be played on my divx compatible dvd player on my tv. Now it burns but file properties of files on dvd just show as, File type: file instead of File type: Avi. Are changes to DvDFab or another burning codec needed ?

5. moper

moper

First, let me ask, what are the source of these NTSC disks(files)?

DVDFab, a product of China, is known for removing Copy protection, and probably illegal in the US.

moper

6. Coker76

Coker76 Thread Starter

Oh no, illegal is not good. I used for converting to avis and making the size smaller but maybe I need another not bein illegal. Thank you

7. moper

moper

I guess it is borderline illegal, but anything that removes copy protection is not allowed to be dicussed here.

moper

8. shihni

shihni

The file extension is missing. One of two things has happened: either the avi was created without one or its getting removed in Nero.

Go to 'My Computer', find the AVIs and make sure they aren't listed as 'file type-file' there too. If they are, right click on each one > rename and add '.avi' without the quotes to the end of each movie.

If they're fine in 'my computer', then make sure the file extension is still there before you burn the dvd.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice