AVI-DVD converter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

karebear

Kari
Can anyone tell me the best program to buy for changing my AVI's to DVD compatible for burning? I have 3 programs Nero, Window Movie maker and DV studio and none of them let me burn onto a DVD,,, well nero does but it needs me to change the file. Is there a free
one I can download? or do I have to buy one? any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,,
karebear :eek:

For that you need DVD authoring software, most will make your files compatible and create the correct file and folder structure required for playback on standalone DVD player. The reason I say most is because some require DVD compatible files before you import them but most consumer grades applications do not require this and will convert the files for you.

Specific versions of Nero will do this, not sure exactly which because I'm not familiar with it. Movie Maker will not, it can be used to edit files though which you can import into a authoring application that accepts DV-AVI. The last application I'm not familiar with at all.

One application that will do it is Ulead Movie Factory. It's a specific application for creating DVD's compatible with standalone DVD players. It's main purpose is for creating muenus, it will convert the files for you and it also has some basic editing features. For some more advanced features take a look at Ulead Video Studio which will also do everthing you need but also has some more advanced editing features.

Edit: I often forget about this application. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=vso_DivXtoDVD

Click the link for the old free version. This will convert the files and create a folder and the correct files you'll need. Burn the folder anf the files it contains directly to disc with Nero and it should play. It's ver basic but should work... and it's free. :)

karebear

Kari
Thanks,,, I will try that. I wish they made an all in one converter/editing/burning program.
karebear ;)

try WINavi at
http://www.winavi.com/avi-to-dvd.htm

this is about the only free one out there i can think of.
Other than that, i suggest you get a hold of a copy of Nero suite 6 - £19.99 at most retailers.

or Easy media creator 8
a bit more costly but it has a few more functions that nero.
take a look here
http://www.roxio.co.uk/products/emc...=Paid Search&gclid=COXUuIjd7YQCFRlvMAodZHmXIQ

i myself use nero and am whizzing through creating tons of dvds, watchable on most dvd players... its great, all my downloads comming to life on my huge tv now hehehe

karebear

Kari
Does Nero suite 6 convert? do you have to do anything to your AVI's before you
burn onto a DVD?

yeah Nero suite 6, gives you some fantastic new features as apposed to previous versions.

when burning a dvd, you can just add you video files.
be it AVI, WMV, mpeg's the lot. well most video files neways.

and it converts to dvd format and burns at same time.

great program, ive been using it for bout 2months now and loving it.

karebear said:
Thanks,,, I will try that. I wish they made an all in one converter/editing/burning program.
karebear ;)
For the most part both of those programs I listed will do that. They'll also give you more options and a better quality product than you'll get from Nero. They both have 30 day free trials, it's a big download for either but if you're on broadband it's definitely worth a look.

MysticEyes

Banned
karebear said:
karebear ;)
You should have it, NeroVision Express (V6) or just NeroVision (V7).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online