1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

avi file to mp3 file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by maryanjo, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maryanjo

maryanjo Thread Starter

Hi, I opened an avi file in Audacity and converted (or actually saved as) to an mp3 file. I just wanted the audio on the video as it's just someone speaking at a workshop. Well everything seemed to go fine until I opened the new mp3 file and the sound was played very fast. Is there a better way to convert the avi file to audio? I can't afford another audio program but if I have to I suppose I'll have to. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks for reading this.

maryanjo

2. VinceIP

VinceIP

I just found this free program through a simple Google search. Sounds like it's what you're looking for.

3. maryanjo

maryanjo Thread Starter

Yeah I downloaded the free trial. However whenever I asked it to extract the audio from the avi file it returned a file error. I have 15 days to use the program so I'll keep plugging away at it. However, if anyone else has any ideas then please help me if you can.
    Thank you VinceIP I appreciate your valuable input and putting me onto Blaze Media.

maryanjo

4. t bone

t bone

hi...you can use audacity to change the speed of that file if it's too fast.

or...if you play the avi file in whatever u use to view videos and record the audio with audacity as the video is playing, i think it will come out at the right speed.

5. platinasti

platinasti

Try to use Total Video Converter
    I am segregating .wav files from .avi and I"m doing it pretty good with TVC

6. maryanjo

maryanjo Thread Starter

Well I thank ya'll for your good answers. I have solved the problem using a program called GoldWave. There were no problems with it at all and the sound is extremely good. You just get it to open the avi file and it automatically downloads the audio from it. The program is a free trial which, after so many commands, says you have to pay to use it. Well as long as I only needed to do what I had to do it will last me a while. Actually I'm thinking seriously of buying it because it is so hassle free and professional.

7. platinasti

platinasti

Yep, GoldWave is great program for sound editing, with lots of options, effects tec.
    Buying it you will make great move

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice