1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avi File

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CraigMB, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CraigMB

CraigMB Thread Starter

i downloaded a file from a p2p and it was a avi file and it stored under the partial folder ..well i tryed to open it and only sound comes on with a black screen and it says on the real player xvid decompressor not found what can i do ?

2. lister

lister

Over 400 posts, and you still haven't read the Rules as regards to p2p & Illegal activities? :(

3. CraigMB

CraigMB Thread Starter

I've read a artical somewhere ..psp is legal ....so i went by that ..my fault

4. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

First off you coulda ommitted where you've gotten it from, and the post would've been fine.

And secondly, p2p *is* legal, it's what it's mainly used for that isn't. Meaning that, lister, you shouldnt jump to conclusions about what the video file is. P2P can be used for sharing linux distros, critical updates, freeware etc. Not to mention videos that are free.

5. lister

lister

Ok, granted, the AVI could be perfectly legit, and that p2p isn't illegal; nevertheless, the rules clearly state that TSG doesn't support answering questions on p2p software.

By mentioning it, he negated any help he may have received to his problem; as TSG can only assume(guilty until proved innocent :eek: ) that the AVI was something that infringed on the owner's copyright.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice