1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

avi to dvd converter

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nickelodeon, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hi,

i have downloaded a movie which is an avi file but when i burn the movie to disk it does not work on my dvd player. Can someone please tell me where to download a converter which will convert an avi file to a dvd and if you cannot find that then plz tell me what to download to make the movie work on my dvd player.

thankyou

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Burn it in VCD, but make sure that your DVD player supports it, most will but 1 of mine won't.

Nero can burn VCD, there are also freeware to do it.
    Read up on it at http://vcdhelp.com

3. nickelodeon

my dvd player does support vcd and i have nero but u dont understand its an avi file not a vcd file so it wont work on my dvd player.

4. $teve

$teve

what did you actually burn the file as........and with what program?.........you cant just drag/drop a movie file and expect it to play in anything except a pc..............in nero you choose to burn a vcd and let nero convert the file to mpeg and burn......but the movie has to be less than 70minutes or you will have to splice it with TMPEnc and burn it to multiple disks.

5. nickelodeon

Well thanks for that,

All i did was go into nero (v 5.5.9.17) and then click on the wizard and then i clicked mAke a video cd and i then drag and dropped the file and burnt.

Well that was obviouly wrong!
    Can you plz tell me how to burn it as a vcd?

thankyou

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice