1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by laceycat, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laceycat

laceycat Thread Starter

I too am having some probs. We have some AVI files which I'd like to transfer onto a DVD so they can be played on the dvd player and watched on TV. Our burner came with Nero but when I select the AVI file it says "no compatible file found". So then I tried WinAVI but the output files produced VOB files and stuff and windows wont open them! I have 2 AVI files of 649 mb and 499 mb and would like it if they were on a single DVD. Can anyone help? :confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. I've created a new thread for your issue here. Thanks for your cooperation.

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

4. laceycat

laceycat Thread Starter

Sorry JohnWill. :)

Ok so perhaps WinAVI has worked then....the output files are in 2 folders within a folder - AUDIO_TS which appears to be empty and VIDEO_TS which has the VOB, IFO and BUP files. How do I burn these to try them out - just select the entire folder which contains the 2 folders or drag and drop the files individually? Sorry if Im rather vague as all this is new to be :confused:

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

What burning programs do you have that support DVD?

6. laceycat

laceycat Thread Starter

I have Nero which came with the burner, version 6. Could this conversion have been done in Nero and skipped the step using winAVI?

7. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

That may work (OEM copies are usually crippled).

Open Nero Express
    Choose 'DVD-Video Files' (hopefully it's there)
    Go to 'ADD' and find the VIDEO_TS folder with your VOB's, hit 'add', then 'finished'
    Hit 'Next' then 'Burn'.

8. singel352000

singel352000

hi you could ues dvd shrink to transfer your vob or ts files tom join them or just burn them single to make a dvd

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice