1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avi to Gif Converting Software

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chrisb1978march, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisb1978march

chrisb1978march Thread Starter

Good Afternoon All,

Can anyone recommend any good Avi to Gif converting software. Basically I have a home video and I want to convert part of it to Gif format for a web page I'm setting up. I'm not bothered if it's going to cost me, as I want it to look good :eek:

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. hockeyfreak863

hockeyfreak863

You Could use paint, if you just want 1 image, When you are on a part you want to take a picture of, pause the video and hit Print Scr, Near scroll lock, and hit CTRL+V in paint and your image is there then hit CTRL S and save it as a gif

3. chrisb1978march

Thanks for that but i'd really like the Gif to be animated, the actual clip of Avi I'm looking at converting is about 45 seconds

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

The GOM Player can be used to capture up to 999 images at a time. Depending on the interval you set or number of frames you use, its not too difficult to cover the 45 seconds--though that is a rather long gif animation to tackle.

5. chrisb1978march

Thanks fairnooks, i'll look into this.

Does anyone know if there's any good avi to gif converting software around, just to make things easier?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice