1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVI wayy out of sync (gradual)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by halcyon_rave, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halcyon_rave

halcyon_rave Thread Starter

I used Hypercam to record a "studio session" :p of me producing a song non-rehearsed. This would make a very nice tutorial for my friends who are trying to learn. Problem is, the video begins to go much faster than the audio.

I've tried many things, such as splitting the AVI file (for some reason), using VirtualDub, and that AVI- Mux program, but I still can't fix this video. I searched this forum, and still a lot of them seem to be for videos that are a few seconds out of sync. Could it be, perhaps I'm not doing these things right (the solutions)? Here is a visual representation of what we're dealing with here.

See, the red line in the picture can represent the movie. The movie ends wayyy before the audio, however, this seems to almost be sort of an exponential change. In the beginning the audio/ video is synced, then it gradually gets more and more out of sync. The video ends at about 14:28, the audio goes the full length of the video (about 16:25). I tried doing the thing in virtual dub, where it lines up the lines perfectly, but still it's out of sync in the actual video. Is there anyway to fix this? Ib really hope there is... thanks, I'll be waiting for any suggestions. :D

Jon

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!