Avi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cancon

Hi, does anyone know how I can get .avi files to work on an iBook??

Quicktime needs the upgrade, and i'm not connected to the internet.

I need to be able to download something on my pc and then move it to the mac to install?

Any third-party FREE software??

Without an Internet connection you'll likely be stymied. Strange that you say something about downloading something on a Windows machine, though. Why is the Mac not connected? In any case, this site will likely give you the answers you seek.

Best of luck.

I say grab vlc over mplayer osx.

On Linux I found mplayer worked for pretty much anything you threw at it, but the mac version has crashed a number of times on me.

VLC on the other hand has worked great on OS X.

cancon

The iBook isn;t connected to the net cos the ethernet port is broke, and my wireless USB adapter is a Linksys WUSB54G and I can't find anty mac drivers for it, so the mac doesn't know what the hell it is!

Thanx for the site though - i'll check it out ASAP (g2g now ;))

cancon

They bought the iBook without Airport, and an external airport drive is expensive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online