1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AVID Reader Wedge V2.11 - Compatible?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Vikedal, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikedal

Vikedal Thread Starter

Hey hey, I'm back for some more techy goodness.

At the animal shelter I work at, we're trying to get our Microchip scanners to the point where we can scan a dog/cat/critter and have it pull up the information on the animal. We have the cord (Scanner to Serial to USB, it came with each scanner), and 2 CDs with the AVID Reader Wedge V2.11 On them. Problem seems to be that the system freezes up when wowexec.exe and setup.exe start. I have to end wowexec.exe to get the system moving again, and then setup closes (Because its a 16-bit task, and I think wowexec is the Backwards Compatability tool).

Any way to get this to work on XP? We don't have vista, so no worries about that. All our computers run Windows XP Pro, and the program's readme says it's compatible with Windows 2000 (And Pro), but the backwards compatibility freezes when I Start the setup with or without it selected.

Anything you guys need, drop a reply.

2. Vikedal

Vikedal Thread Starter

Found the problem (After much Grief), was that the Backwards Compatible setup program freezes when there is a) Another Setup running, 2) The Scanner is plugged in, or III) It just takes forever to load.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice