Avira AntiVir better virus detection than Avast?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jshumat0

I have yet another antivirus question as I still haven't decided what antivirus I'm going to install. I was pretty set on Avast until I saw on a few websites that Avira AntiVir has better virus detection than avast as well as less of an impact on system performance. Does anyone out there know if this is actually the case? I would like to go for the most secure option with the least impact on the system. Thank you for any help!

Yes. The information is right. Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic has far higher detection rates than Avast. Also, it is very light on system resources. You can take this for sure. You will never regret your decision of installing Avira Antivir PersonalEdition Classic. Here are two links to support my statement.

Avira vs Avast!
AV-Comparativeshttp://www.av-comparatives.org/

Hope my answers satisfy your doubts. Good Luck.(y)

Just this morning i un-installed AVG and installed Avira personal, it seems to be 2 times faster and found 1 harmful file. Unlike AVG

jshumat0

I have one more question about Avira. I saw not too long ago that there is a way to disable the annoying pop-up in Avira asking you if you want to buy the paid version. The post said that it took a little work, but could be done. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online