1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

avira free won't update

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Honey2aB, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Hey there

Does anyone know what on earth is going on with Avira?? It hasn't updated for the last 2 days...consequently nothing running on the computer. When I click on update it just has that little blue line showing the progress on the update screen. The line is like a 1/4 inch long...and stays that way. Won't get past 7 kbytes. Aaaahh. I have 4 kids and me on this computer...A LOT.

I have windows xp, by the way. Commodo is on here. I have run malwarebytes..nothing. Spywareblaster..nothing. Obviously no scan from avira. Superantispyware...nothing. This is getting retarded. I uninstalled and reinstalled yesterday. Still no updating. What gives!!

Thanx for any input. Must get my ghost shaped and decorated brownies to my daughters school for the halloween party this afternoon. Eeeek. Look at the time. Gotta run. Hopefully when I get back someone will have an idea for see. See ya.

Honey2aB

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

This could be a problem with the Avira website itself. Update problems have been reported a few times lately. Check out the Avira Support Forum.

3. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Good afternoon

Shut the computer off yesterday when I went out to do all those pain in the butt halloween things for the kids, go shopping, and while 1 kid is cleaning the guts out of a pumpkin right now...I decided to come here. Turned on the computer. AND GUESS WHAT!!!!! It's updating. GO FIGURE. Whoo hoo. Halloween present. Yeehaww.

Thanx for your help phantom. Have a great halloween. Where I am, it promises to be cold and miserable. Once again, I will have the same old argument with a kid. YES, you have to wear a coat. No. This is not California. Yes. You will freeze to death if you don't wear the blasted coat.

See ya. Have a good one.

Honey

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/873008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice