Avoid losing dual boot when reimaging?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zzzizzzkokid

I did not want to post this in XP as is seems there are few people working in there.
I have a fav. old XP image and a faster Win 7 image on an older machine.
The two systems are on different drives. The dual boot works just fine when I install Win7 after XP (as it should)......but I lose the dual boot if I reinstall my image of XP ( I know you are saying, yeah, duh.)
Anyhow, I have the dual boot program GAG running off a floppy and this works fine, except when I reimage again. Right now I am experimenting with newly created images of XP and Win 7 to see if a new image can be made that will allow the GAG to work. Otherwise it does not recognize there are multiple systems if I install the XP image made before the GAG.

Am I wasting my time?
Is there anyway to have a dual boot work after reinstalling one of the images with the xp system?
Thanks.

Fireflycph

Morten
Don't you have an option to select boot drive by pressing a certain key? On mine it's [F10]
It'll ask me which device to boot from. It's also possible to edit the Boot.ini (I think that's the name) and add a second entry there.
Just make sure that you remove the WIn-7 drive when installing XP.
Maybe I misunderstood your question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online