avrack problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shawtyof08

I have deleted avrack off my computer and from what i hear apparently it has to do with the sound. my sound is gone and i need to know how to get my sound back anyway possible.. please help!

leroys1000

Banned
AVRack was installed with your audio drivers.
It should be on your motherboard CD or downloadable
from the manufacturers web site.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
AVRack is an application program that configures recording, playback, playlists, and sound equalizer options for Realtek graphics but is not needed for your sound to work. Deleting it should not completely disable your sound capabilities.

I suggest as a first step before digging deeper, go to Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) then hit Enter. Realtek AC'97 audio should be shown under "Sound, video and game controllers", and there should be no yellow ? or ! marks. There should also be no yellow ? or ! unknown devices. What do you see?

shawtyof08

well it says c-media ac97 not realtek but im guessing its the samething. it does have a yellow "!" i already knew this but how do i get rid of the yellow "!"

Triple6

Rob
The wrong driver may be installed and that could be why its showing an error. Windows sometimes has a habit of installing the wrong driver for the integrated AC97 codecs found on many boards.

Do you know the make and model of your system or your motherboard.

SIW can help you identify your board: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
Look under Hardware -> Motherboard -> Model and list whats there.

AVRack does generally belong to Avance/Realtek drivers, but its not even included with the latest driver sets anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online