1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avtask.exe

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Wolvine, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wolvine

Wolvine Thread Starter

I am using panada anti virus on my XP Pro machine but this program associated with pands AV AVTASK.EXE keeps hijacking my cpu do you have any comments with regards to the following questions.

1. What does AVTASK.exe actual do?

2. Is AVTASK essential and if so I can I change the time it is scheduled to run

3. If not essential can I disable it and if so how

2. Shelob

Shelob

I would also love any help with this question as I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

Avtask.exe eats up 99% of my CPU and just runs for *hours* making everything else impossibly slow. You can even hear the computer struggling with it.
    This seems to be a relatively recent problem as Panda hasn't always hijacked the computer so intrusively.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

3. Kenny94

Kenny94 Banned

4. Shelob

Shelob

Thanks Kenny,
    But I've already paid for my subscription of Panda so was hoping to resolve it rather than replace it. :(

5. Shelob

Shelob

While Panda is very heavy on resources I've discovered that the permanent drain on the CPU was a bug, and fixed it by uninstalling and re-installing. So far, so good.
    And I have my computer back, hurrah!

6. micky_mph

micky_mph It's My Birthday!

Nice one Kenny I've had the same problem done as you suggested and it's running as sweet as a nut now. The wife's using Panda too and it's days are now numbered :) Thanks very much mate (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice