1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

award bios: not being able to boot from CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spektrum, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spektrum

spektrum Thread Starter

Hi guys, got a problem, which needs to be resolved ASAP.

I'm not being able to boot from a WinXP CD. CD is working 100% fine, boot sequence is set correct. Even if I set to disable any other boot media but CDROM, GRUB still shows up. I can do fine on linux, but I need win to continue working.

2. hollywoodam

hollywoodam Account Closed

3. hollywoodam

hollywoodam Account Closed

a few things you can try to fix the problem::

- restoring optimized defaults in bios.

- be 100% sure it's a genuine winxp cd and bootable as well (testing on another computer maybe).

- removing the battery from your motherboard for about 5min. after that, changing the boot sequence again to cd/dvd-drive.

let me know how things work out.

good luck!
    hollywoodAM

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/830680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice