1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Axesstel MV240 usb modem and cradelpoint router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dillonz463, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dillonz463

dillonz463 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I am new here and do not know a whole lot compared to reading some of the posts on here. There are a lot of knowledgable people on here and hopefully some one can help me out. This may be a stupid question. I have a cradelpoint mbr800 wireless router and an axesstel mv240 usb modem. The modem works fine when plugged straight into my computer, but if I plug it straight in to my router the lights light up like it is aquiring and then go dark. And this cycle just keeps repeating. Now when I plug the usb modem in to my computer I have to push to connect on the start up manager before I can get on the internet. Is this why It will not work plugged straigh in to the router? and if so is there anything I can do to get it to connect through the router? I also can not get to the router admin to look at or change the settings. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

3. dillonz463

Yes it is on the list under Cellcom for the carrier.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Good; glad to say I may not have looked closely enough. :)

Why cannot you login to the router? I'm guessing you have to do some configuration (similar to whatever the start up manager does on the computer). I haven't worked with these routers or services, so I probably cannot help beyond the login to the router (if even that much).

5. dillonz463

It took me a while to find it as well! It gives me the 192.168.0.1 address to type in my internet browser to login (just like an ordinary router) but when I do it either says internet explorer cannot display webpage (when I dont have an internet connection just an ethernet cord running to router) or when I have the usb modem plugged into my computer along with the ethernet cord going to the router and type in that address the webpage acts like it is loading but the stays on my homepage and nothing happens. If I am at another house that has a qwest dsl router and try the same exact steps, It brings me to the qwest router set up page but not my cradelpoints. Thanks for the response

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

For a connection to the router please show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052375