Azureus & LimeWire won't open.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LFK

I didn't see these programs specified in the rules as programs that questions can't be asked for. Also, neither program performs any illegal operations on my system so here goes:

Using WinXP SP2 - Suddenly, neither program will open when I click the icons (shortcuts or not). Doesn't matter if I reinstall Limewire or not. When I try to reinstall Azureus from IE I get an error message that says: "The following add-on was running when this problem occurred: 'yiesrvc.dll'". And "The instruction at '0x62308d19' referenced memory at '0x01772094'. The memory could not be read". And "The instruction at '0x7c9105f8' referenced memory at '0x01770010'. The memory could not be read." Then the browser closes and that's that. When attempting downloading it with Firefox or Opera the browsers simply close with no error messages.

I've dug up a little info that would suggest Java or Active X may have something to do with it. I've reinstalled my Java package and have enabled Active X as far as I can tell. All firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware applications have been shut down. Problem remains. What am I missing?

A correct answer might prompt me to make a donation to the site.

Thank you.

Sorry, can't help you. Azureus has their own support forums, as do LimeWire.

Unfortunately, some people here don't understand that there are millions of gigabytes of legal, copyrighted downloads on peer-to-peer networks, and that illegal downloads are not limited to P2P.
This includes programs like Kazaa, Limewire, and WinMX. While the program itself is not illegal, the use of it to download copyrighted music IS STILL ILLEGAL
Or that if all downloads of copyrighted material were automatically illegal, then using (this website/linux/freeware) would be illegal as well. Or that there are hundreds of thousands of songs out there which are copyrighted and legal to download.
If you're downloading copyrighted music from a peer-to-peer network (like Kazaa, Morpheus, Bearshare, Gnutella, or the like), you're breaking the law
Or that copyrights expire and it does eventually become legal to download a given song that's no longer available to buy.
No. The same rules always apply, even if they no longer make the CD. Can't find it new? Look for it used. Look on eBay. Look at yard sales. Still can't find it? Too bad. It's still illegal to make a copy of it for someone else
Or that not all copyrighted movies are illegal to download, and that some movies are free.
It is not legal to download a copyrighted (and therefore any major) movie from the Internet, even if you only keep it on your computer for an hour.
The ironic part? The author of all these quotes runs his (excellent) websites on copyrighted software which is legally available on P2P.

LFK

Would it be too much to ask to be pointed in the direction of some legitimate, useful information? If not to help me continue usage of the these "unholy programs" but to correct whatever browser problems I have? Something else isn't right with it aside from those programs not opening. Some web-pages aren't opening and crashing the browser.

You could try the LimeWire support forums, or start a new thread about your problems that doesn't involve P2P.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Try the forums Brendan suggested. We cannot help you here.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

Closing thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts