B-17 Aluminum Overcast in SC Upstate

Littlefield

I enjoyed seeing this well restored airplane and taking shots of it a few days ago.

Last edited:
First Name
John
I never flew in one of these but I did get to walk onto one during WW2. The USAAF had an airfield near to Peterborough, where I was staying. and the airmen laid on a tour of the station for us kids. It was the first time I tasted peanut butter.

First Name
John
Brigham, that sounds like a nice memory and made me smile.
Us kids liked the Americans. We had sweet (candy) rationing, but the USA kept it's troops well supplied with chocolate and chewing gum. There was a bit of friction between some of our soldiers and the US troops. They had a lot more money and their uniforms were made of very comfortable material, whereas our lot had very rough material. At the end of the day though, we realised that they were here to help us in our hour of need, and we will always be grateful for that.

First Name
Guy
Nice LF.....

Try slowing down your shutter speed to 1/320 or less on a piston engine if you can hold your camera steady. Will
do wonder for the props.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online