1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[b]How can I scan a double sided document and turn it into one pdf file?[/b]

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by neos1, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neos1

neos1 Thread Starter

I have both Microsoft word and Open Office, two printers that will scan and a scanner with Abbyy OCR software. I'm trying to scan a two sided document and turn it into a single pdf file
    Any suggestions?:)

I deadend when I try to combine the two sides by copy/paste. Once I copy side one both office products seem to consider that on document and I can't
    figure out how to add the second side.

2. jdl

jdl

Have a look at PDFCreator here. One of its "features" is "Merge multiple files into one PDF."

3. letchworth

letchworth

Abbyy software (whether the freeby version included with a scanner or the stand alone version) is able to copy multiple pages in a document, whether sequential, subsequent or totally unrelated pages.

I use the separated steps--- Step one "Scan"--- Then scan in another page and another page until all pages have been added to the scan batch--- then Step 2: Read---- Then I save it (I use the option in V.7 to send it to Star Writer--- which keeps most of the formatting intact and saves it to a temporary file with .rtf extension. This is associated with OpenOffice and automatically opens the file & program.

In OpenOffice you can recover any lost formatting and then File>Export as PDF

I do it all the time and it works great
    Good luck
    letchworth

4. neos1

neos1 Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the input. I've been looking at pdf creator and I just down loaded - I'm going to try it out. Thanks.:)

Abbyy software (whether the freeby version included with a scanner or the stand alone version) is able to copy multiple pages in a document, whether sequential, subsequent or totally unrelated pages.

I have Abbyy 6 and Open Office. I've copied your instructs. I've yet to work it out. If it's there I'll figure it out. Thanks:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/552991