1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

B I N G removal

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by LeftBehind, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LeftBehind

LeftBehind Thread Starter

Ok don t know how this happened but just started 30 minutes ago and want to delete it, something called Bing it just hijacked my yahoo search and i want to remove it and stay with yahoo, did a search and find no bing or live, so whats next sceech . . not my night . .

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Since Yahoo now relies on Bing to supply their search functionality, there may no longer be any real Yahoo search. Bing is better, anyway.

3. LeftBehind

yuk bing is a trashy pop up don t like it how do i delete it and use ie 7 or verzion search or google . .

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Look in your browser's settings for the search provider.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Yahoo Search still shows as Yahoo Search for me even if Bing has taken over officially.

LeftBehind,

Do you have the Yahoo toolbar?

6. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

BING id microsofts search engine. In IE choose manage addons and under search options disable or delete BING.
    MS uses their proprietary access to make this thing popup against all rules of honest conduct but thats microsoft isn't it, the company based on the theft of taxpayer financed research.

7. Phantom010

Bing didn't just pop up in there. I also have Internet Explorer 7 and have never been offered or forced to use Bing as my search engine. However, people still using Internet Explorer 6 are now forced to use Bing instead of Google. There's a workaround though, using the HOSTS file.

If indeed your default search engine has been replaced by Bing, open IE7, click on Tools > Internet Options. Under the General tab > Search > Settings, select Bing and delete it. Select the search engine you want as Default.

8. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

I did have IE6 when it happened but BING would not allow me to do anything unless I used it until I deleted it from the search options of Addons folder. And MS also had many sites on the net that hijacked a person into using it if they didn't have their settings set to block that sort of hijacking. This was all a part of their launch of BING.

9. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

LOL, sorry... and you like Yahoo?

I don't really care for either... I like Google, they know more about my habits then I do.

10. LeftBehind

Got rid of bing whoopy love yahoo . .

11. Phantom010

Would you care to tell us how you did it? It might help other people with the same problem.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice