1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[B]Windows Xp Internet Explorer Annoying Error HELPPPP![/B]

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chajai, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chajai

chajai Thread Starter

all of a sudden today when i booted up my computer i can't get anything dealing with internet explorer working...when i double-click on ie nothing happens and when i click on any folder or my computer, control panel, etc... the screen just blinks and refreshes itself.this is really getting annoying because i can't do anything now...luckily i have opera installed and i'm using it to leave this message here so plzz somebody help me out with this annoying bug in my com.......

i've just ran a virus scan with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and no viruses were found...i also ran ad aware 6.0 and also nothing was wrong there then i ran C Cleaner to clean my registry but that also didn't work...so i'm stuck now...

2. Dan O

Dan O

Try a System Restore and select a date before the problem started, which will restore the Windows Registry.

3. chajai

chajai Thread Starter

i tried it that works but when i change the language setting in control panel back to the one i was using before the same problem exists and also after restoring my newly installed programs were all gone

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!