1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

B156hw01 screen won't work after being replaced with identical model

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xypher_FTW, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xypher_FTW

Xypher_FTW Thread Starter

As title says, I replaced the b156hw01 LCD screen in my laptop with another b156hw01 LCD screen. Iopened the front panel on my laptop, unscrewed the screen, disconnected the cable thingy, took it out, put new one in, connected cable thingy, screwed it in, replaced front panel. I turned it on and it started up fine, then I noticed it had been on the 'windows is starting up' screen for about 7 minutes and after staring for a while, I noticed the logo glow wasn't moving. I turned it off And
    turned it on, and all that happens is the backlight turns on. Nothing shows up no matter how long I keep it on for. Help?

I have an iBuyPower... I don't even know, I got it over a year or two ago and I don't see it on the site anymore... Model number on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop says W86CU... It had the broken screen for 3-4 months before it was replaced, and the new screen hasn't worked for about 6 months, around Christmas time... So... I need help on figuring out what is wrong with it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice