B450 Elite motherboard stuck after updating bios to f53 !!

Makerpspgames

After I'm trying to update bios of my gigabyte auros b450 elite from f52 to f53 by @bios windows software (provided by gigabyte website). the pc was restarting normally to complete the bios update, but it,s goes in a black screen with restarting loop.
Dram, VGA, and CPU leds are flashing again and againin this loop.

I try to remove th battery, disconnect all parts of pc and power cables, hold the power button until it turned on and off (to get the bios recovery but it didn't work), and use a single ram.

My PC is:
B450 Elite
T-Force ram 16g 3200ghz
GTX 1660 super
Ryzen 3500

Any help, please ?!

crjdriver

After I'm trying to update bios of my gigabyte auros b450 elite from f52 to f53 by @bios windows software
This is a big mistake. The ONLY way I ever update the bios on a gigabyte board is by using QFlash which is a utility built into the bios. I checked the specs on your board and it does not have the dual bios SO you may be out of luck. You can try the following however no guarantee that it will work;
1 On a working system, download whatever bios file you want to use
2 Extract the bios file and put it on the root of a fat32 formatted usb
3 Place the usb you made in a usb 2 port
4 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives. If you are using a M.2 type drive, remove it
5 Pw ON and see if the bios will recover

Note most gigabyte boards have either qflash+ [which allows blind flashing of the bios] OR the dual bios however your board appears to be a lower end one and has neither option.

Makerpspgames

This is a big mistake. The ONLY way I ever update the bios on a gigabyte board is by using QFlash which is a utility built into the bios. I checked the specs on your board and it does not have the dual bios SO you may be out of luck. You can try the following however no guarantee that it will work;
1 On a working system, download whatever bios file you want to use
2 Extract the bios file and put it on the root of a fat32 formatted usb
3 Place the usb you made in a usb 2 port
4 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives. If you are using a M.2 type drive, remove it
5 Pw ON and see if the bios will recover

Note most gigabyte boards have either qflash+ [which allows blind flashing of the bios] OR the dual bios however your board appears to be a lower end one and has neither option.
Sadly, I tried it but didn't work.
The usb flash with bios update didn't boot and the PC still in restart loop.

What should I do now ?

crjdriver

About all you can do is send the board in to gigabyte for service. Note that board is over 3yr old and probably not worth repairing.
Another option is to send it to an electronics repair shop however that will probably cost even more than sending it to gigabyte.

If it were me, I would just purchase a new motherboard and chalk this up to a learning experience. As I said NEVER use a windows program to flash a bios. Doing so is just asking for a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online