Solved B560M Vga led on - No signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patawak

Hey everyone, few days ago I built a new pc:

Mobo: Aorus b560m pro ax
Cpu: Intel 11400f
Psu: Seasonic 650w
Ram: 2x 8gb , A2,B2 config
Gpu: Used Gtx660ti

So everything is plugged in and powered up (2x6 pin to gpu), gpu connected using hdmi. I turn on the PC I get no signal on the screen and mobos VGA light is on. However gpu fans are spinning and gpu power leds are green too. I am asking myself if theres a problem with the GPU or the mobo? (Or something else maybe?) Thanks in advance for your advice!

Couriant

James
Are you able to get HDMI connectivity from the onboard connection, or DisplayPort?

patawak

Are you able to get HDMI connectivity from the onboard connection, or DisplayPort?
I only have HDMI and VGA connection from GPU to monitor, I will soon test using VGA as I've bought a VGA-DVI adapter. Don't have integrated graphics for motherboard-monitor connection but I might give it a shot.

Couriant

James
To confirm, you don't these ports on the board that you said you had?

1620484016188.png

I suspect that the used GPU needs to have drivers installed, or the motherboard is using the onboard connection right now.

If you do not have these ports, please can you find an image or take an image of your board.

patawak

To confirm, you don't these ports on the board that you said you had?

View attachment 287497

I suspect that the used GPU needs to have drivers installed, or the motherboard is using the onboard connection right now.

If you do not have these ports, please can you find an image or take an image of your board.
Yes thats what I have

patawak

Last edited:

managed

Allan
According to the seller it was working until 2 months ago.
I ordered a cheap brand new card to test if the problem is gpu or something else. I will keep you updated!
Ok, keep us posted and good luck with the new card.

patawak

Problem is solved, apparently, out of the box bios doesn't support the 660ti , therefore I plugged in the new 1030 and it worked. However I needed to clear bios before. The 660ti worked only when I enabled CMS (legacy) from bios settings, meaning that I needed a more recent Gpu to use the old one so I could access bios settings.

managed

Allan
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution.

Please click on [Mark Solved] at the top of your page if you feel it is now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online