1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Back again, darn those pests!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by foxluv, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxluv

foxluv Thread Starter

In my last series of posts I had asked a question about a particular file that did not go away when I was instructed to delete all temp files. That file is still there and after researching the net, I found out this is a trojan. The file is "Perfdata_548.dat". This is a nasty since it loads on start-up, changes its number(_641;_560;ect) then deletes itself on shut down so you cannot delete it in safe mode. I have tried all the methods prescribed here, in this group, to get rid of it and it won't go away. I have also searched the registry and found it there in several places but I am always terrified of deleting any registry entries until I get the word it is ok to do so from the experts. Please advise.:eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!