1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Back Audio Port suddently stopped working...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bowsa, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bowsa

Bowsa Thread Starter

Well i just got my computer 2 days ago no problems encountered...... turn it on today and sound not working.. But it's not the sound drivers and stuff.. Its the back audio port that is not functioning .. The front port works for my speakers but the back doesn't it's pretty ironic because i google and there's front port problems.. So help would be appreciated.. Thanks

2. Bowsa

Bowsa Thread Starter

bump

3. SB305

SB305

Just general suggestions: did the back port work originally but now doesn't?
    Don't take this the wrong way, but have you got the speakers plugged into the right port on the back of the case? Easily done - I have a fancy new rig that I hardly use, was just about to rip it apart because there was no sound when I turned it on for the first time in weeks and guess what? :eek:
    Have you checked whatever utility you have under Multimedia in Settings? There's usually a speaker test in there somewhere.
    Failing that, if you just bought the rig, take it back to the vendor.

4. Bowsa

Bowsa Thread Starter

i checked all connections.. It used to work. But now i use front port for my speakers..

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

Generally, with front panel I/O connectors, plugging something into the outputs automatically disables other outputs.

6. Bowsa

Bowsa Thread Starter

7. Bowsa

Bowsa Thread Starter

now my sound is distorted...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice