Back button is acting up !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scummitt

I have windows XP and use IE ! I just started having a problem with my back button. About half the time when I hit it it will say "connecting to host 127.0.0.1" and it will just stay on the page that I was on ! I hit it a second time and then it will go back.I have recently installed several anti-spyware programs so I dont know if they are affecting it or not. Any Ideas what that IP is that pops up at the bottom of the screen when It wont go back? Any ideas how to fix this ! Its getting aggravating !!
Thanks

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address which is used for testing a proper installation of the TCP/IP protocol suite.

If you're hitting the back-button on Internet Explorer and getting a message about the loopback address, it sounds like a DNS problem to me because IE is trying to reload the website using its domain name, but it's "forgetting" the the website's IP address that is linked to the domain name in DNS. That's all I can think of.

Right-click your "My Network Places" icon and choose properties to get to the "Network Connections" window. Right-click your "local area connection" and choose Repair. This will flush your DNS cache. Also delete your temporary Internet files and cookies in the Internet Properties.

If this doesn't fix your problem, try reinstalling Internet Explorer from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-5E5D-48F5-B02B-20B602228DE6&displaylang=en

I would recommend switching to Firefox, however:

http://www.mozilla.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online