Back Door Agent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barrypatch

My son's computer is a mess and I am trying to clean it up. He has Windows 2000 and didn't do a good job keeping his virus software updated. I have gotten rid of everything but this Back Door agent.

I read that you could rename, drag it to the desktop, boot in safe mode and delete it. I can get the computer to boot in safe mode. I know the home page has been hijacked, but I can mess with it and get it back to google.

I don't know what to do. I can't get to any sites that have removal tools. When I search it goes back to a hijacked search page. When I run AVG, it calls it BackDoorAgent.B, but I can't get to the removal tool.

I thought about starting over, but I dont really want to reformat, etc... I need help, I have spent too much time on this and he is not happy without his computer.

Thanks.

Nancy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online