Back light?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JagiBear

Hi i have a laptop which was working fine, i switched back on, all noises going etc but nothing on screen, i then caught at an angle i saw dimley my password box, is there something about a back light? or am i really way out plz?
JagiBear

First thing I would try is closing the lid then opening it again - sometime the backlights can get snagged that way.

A-N

JagiBear

HI i opened and closed my laptop several times and still no light on screen, i can vaguely see windows in background plz help lol?

JagiBear

HI Arknorth, its an HI_GRADE running xp 2 year old almost intel celeron m.. thats about all i know off top of my head.
JagiBear

Okay - looking at their website tells me one thing - they're not sold over here in the States... but, I see standardized body shells, so what I believe I'm seeing are a line of rebadged machines that HiGrade is selling (interesting pricing scheme... 'shame they're not over here...)

First, I would try the FN key and see if there might be a simple glitch in the light controls or monitor choices. Look to see if there are light icons on your keyboard (they look like little sun symbols - one solid, one open) and try these - if you have none on your keyboard, then the backlight brightness control may be the up/down curser controls. In either case, you hold the FN key down while pressing the up/brighten key.

If this does not work, next is to see if the LCD/CRT switch has been thrown. Again, using the FN, find the key that is marked LCD/CRT (if you have one). This is the switch for allowing an external monitor to be hooked up to the laptop, which allows the user to turn the laptop's screen off, or to have both on at the same time. Press it while holding the FN down and see what happens.

If THIS doesn't work, it's time to see if the laptop wants to work with an external screen. It might also be time to look into some service by a pro, if you aren't sure you want to climb into the guts of the machine.

A-N

JagiBear

Art ty for your help, i will do these things, well my next door neighbour will lol, and i will come back to you with the outcome, you have been fantastic mwahhhhhhhhhh.
JagiBear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online