1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Back Office Small Business Server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by big-brother, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big-brother

big-brother Thread Starter

Hi All,

I bought a 15 user licensed Back Office Small Business Server which was un-installed as the company grew and SBS was no longer adequate for their needs.

The software includes all documents and licenses and have a proper invoice from the company, confirming that it has been completely un-installed from their servers and that now i am the licensee.

I installed Back Office Small Business Server successfully using the registration ID provided on the original CD case. However, it asked for a 15 digit ID before it installs office 2000, which I can't find anywhere in the pack or on the back of CD.
    Called the company and they claim that they had gave me all the documents and Cd's and either can't be bother to look for it or they really think it was in the back.

However, this leaves me in a somewhat undesirable position, as I have already paid for the complete bundle which included Novell, NT Workstations, FaxWare, ARCServe, Backup Exec and a few others and am not able to complete the installation of my server and am left with a intranet without a domain controller.

Can anyone suggest where or how can I prove that I have genuine license and obtain a new 15 digit id for office 2000 that is included in Back Office Small Business Server.

If this does not come free, as I have already invested a lot in hardware and software, I have no choice.

I did spend some time browsing Microsoft site hoping that I will find an option to apply for a new one but couldn't find any relevant link or option.

Can anyone please advise me what to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
    Fash
    MD, MSc, Pgd, BEng

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice