Back Rounds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buck52

Banned
Not sure there are any that cater to that specific size

Webshots would be a good place to look...

most that you find will need some resizing

buck

loony_taz00

Ya, Just because most of the Places i find are all for smaller sizes and have to STRETCH to fit my screen and they end up looking bad

buck52

Banned
No surprize...

1280 x 1024 is not a large screen resolution unless you are starting with a 300 x 200 file to start with...

If you try to stretch a tiny image to that screen size it will look bad no matter the program you use to resize...

Sounds like you are looking for the illusive reize miracle along with half or more of the internet...

buck

What kind of backgrounds are you looking for? Something that can be created? I always enjoy a new adventure....I could take a crack at constructing a background for you (just for the practice of course). I'm no wizard, but I could try.

I believe its not so much the size of the image but the compression that makes larger photo's unavailable on the internet.
This attachment is your desired huge size but its just 93K because I compressed it severely. It has few complex colors so it still looks pretty good.

(This is my image taken from my deck-you can use it if you want till you find more suitable ones.)

Attachments

Knotbored said:
I believe its not so much the size of the image but the compression that makes larger photo's unavailable on the internet.
This attachment is your desired huge size but its just 93K because I compressed it severely. It has few complex colors so it still looks pretty good.

(This is my image taken from my deck-you can use it if you want till you find more suitable ones.)
How beautiful! Nice pic....compressed or not!

dang it-sorry the forum downsized it. The image is no longer 1280X1024 as I submitted.

Thanks-yea it did turn out pretty nice.
I have a minor medical problem causing me to shake a camera, so this was taken using the timer and setting the camera on a railing post.
I am lucky enough to live in beautiful country and the camera helps capture memories between rainshowers LOL

buck52

Banned
loony_taz00

Go here... http://www.webshots.com/

click on any of the image links under the Browse Photos tab

There are literally thousands of photos to choose from.

Most, if not all, will require a simple resizing or cropping with an image program such as the free Irfanview... www.irfanview.com

buck

quote from hewee "The image is still 1280X1024."

How strange- when I view my photo in this forum it initially shows 1280 X 1024 then the screen snaps smaller (in about 4 seconds) and properties shows size 731 X 585. I guess my PC screen resolution compensates and adjusts image to fit on my screen.

buck52

Banned
Do you use IE to browse with

If so goto internet properties advanced tab and un check auto resize in the multimedia section

buck

Buck-thanks-that is exactly the item I was unaware of.
I guess I will snap it on/off as I need for different uses, some pages get strange, but knowing that function is available is great.

if you also click on a white area (that is not the picture) and then hover over the picture (make sure that the "auto resize multimedia" option thingy is checked (on)) for a few seconds a little icon will show up in the bottom right of the picture. click that to resize it or make it bigger
-mphair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online