Back to basics w/W95

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Amy March

Hi, trying to help a friend. How do I access msconfig on windows95. Cannot access from run. I'm on win98 and what I have on my computer does not come up on hers. Also cannot find disk cleanup. She has 90% of her resources free. I'm not sure what speed, hard drive, etc. she has. It's just that her computer is running very slow. I ran disk defrag and cleaned out her internet files. Any other suggestions? Really appreciate any help. Thanks

Max19

Account Disabled
MSConfig doesn't exist on Windows 95. You can copy the msconfig.exe file from the Windows 98 computer to the Windows 95 computer, and it will work.

Styxx

Banned
Literally because Win 95 does not have the System Configuration Utility nor does it have disk cleanup. I understand you can move the exe that starts the System Configuation Utility from a Win98 computer to a Win95 computer with a floppy so you can hasve that utility but can't remember the name of the exe file. In win95 you just have to clean up manually as far as I know.:rolleyes:

Amy March

thank you for responding -- Is there a way to keep some of the programs from starting when turning computer on for win95? I believe that's what msconfig does in win98. She seems to have toooooo many upon startup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online